Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tournaments Woes

Just finished playing a $1000 nl Holdem event and busted in level four. I had reasonably tough table as far as tough goes in tournaments. Each player started with 3000 chips with 1-hour blinds. I really couldn't get anything going sinking to as low as $1800 chips before doubling up by flopping a flush. I got knocked out with AK as usual. I was in the cutoff with AK spades and raised to 600 with blinds 100-200. A rather active player reraises to 1700. I'm not particularily happy about the reraise but decide to make a stand. If I won I would certainly have more than average in chips and could start playing poker again. He tanks after my shove and calls with 99. In typical fashion, I brick out. Funny, I had four premium hands JJ, JJ, QQ, and the AK suited. I went 0/4.

Last night I didn't feel like playing serious poker so I decided to play some 5/10. I was up $2000 at one point, but ran KK into AA where I guy just smooth called my reraise and the board came 7 high so we got it all in. On another hand I flopped two pair and got rivered by a flush. So in the end I made just under $900. I went back to the room though and made a couple thousand online so the day worked out.

Going to play shortly and play to put in a good session so hopefully I run well. I am going to Vegas this weekend and plan to hang out there till the following Thursday before returning to Commerce for the SuperSatellite to the main event. Kathy is meeting me down in Vegas on Sunday night so should be good times - a little quality time, a little entertainment, and a little cards. Other than that Todd is enroute and plans to spend a couple weeks here playing cash games.

I'm not going to go into detail about hands from the 5/10 game. Though it is worth mentioning that the play is so much worse than the 10/20 game. Hopefully I can report a solid win tomorrow....time will tell.

Peace

No comments: